Pale avè m 'Modifier
Byenveni nan paj diskou m. Ekri yon mesaj bay m 'isit la. Salitasyon.
- 11 jen 2015 à 00:44 (UTC)
Re:Mèsi pou travay ouModifier
Bonjou, editè! Mwen wè ou te ekri sou Wikipedya Ayisyen an. Travay ou te apresye. Salitasyon Espesyal,
Hi! Are you interested in writing some articles about Miami, Florida and/or New York City? I think having these articles will help attract Haitian speakers who live in New York and Miami to this Wikipedia. If you are interested please see my request list on my talk page.
Hi! Just checking in again. Do you have time to do the New York and Miami article requests? Simple stubs are enough. If there are arrticles about thigs important to Haitians in Queens or Little Haiti, it can bring in some more Wikipedians. WhisperToMe (discussion) 27 novanm 2015 à 23:56 (UTC)
- I won't be creating any other articles until the Haitian wikipedia gets at least one administrator that can block vandalism. Someone could wipe out hours of work that I would create in about five minutes. If you would be willing to be an administrator (not much time involved, really) on the Haitian wikipedia, I will create more content. I would contact you when someone needs to be blocked.
Sources about medical topics in Haitian CreoleModifier
If you want, you may use these articles by the Centers for Disease Control as sources:
Some other Haitian language sources:
- FEMA: https://www.fema.gov/kreyol-ayisyen/haitian-creole
- US government list: https://web.archive.org/web/20110512062151/http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov/multilanguage/haitian.htm
- USDA: http://www.fns.usda.gov/documents-available-other-languages (only some meal forms are in Haitian)
One of the ways that the Arabic Wikipedia built itself was to welcome everyone – even vandals, on the grounds that they'd figured out how to edit, so they were halfway to being a good editor already. I would be willing to add a welcoming note to new registered editors' pages, if someone would write or translate it. It might be useful to make it tri-lingual (I can handle the technical end of that): Haitian Creole, French, and English. The w:en:Template:Teahouse invitation has been successful at encouraging and retaining new editors, so we might want to take that as a model. What do you think? WhatamIdoing (discussion) 5 desanm 2015 à 06:09 (UTC)
Vocabulary for school articlesModifier
Hi! I found this helpful page: http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnrollment/haitian.html - It would be great to write articles about the New York City and Miami-Dade school systems and perhaps the senior high schools which have Haitian students. This page has vocabulary terms translated from English to Creole. WhisperToMe (discussion) 3 janvye 2016 à 23:11 (UTC) Miami-Dade uses "Lekòl Elemantè" for elementary schools - http://news.dadeschools.net/releases/rls15/cr_rls/172_central.html WhisperToMe (discussion) 3 janvye 2016 à 23:15 (UTC)
Also http://news.dadeschools.net/releases/rls14/cr_rls/042_magnet.html has some descriptions of some Miami magnet schools. Maybe students from these schools will want to contribute? WhisperToMe (discussion) 4 janvye 2016 à 03:48 (UTC)
And for New York I found a Haitian high school guide: http://schools.nyc.gov/NR/rdonlyres/61B179CC-04E4-49BC-AA14-C1E87E37F19E/0/2016HighSchoolDirectory_HaitianCreole_ORIGINAL.pdf WhisperToMe (discussion) 4 janvye 2016 à 04:13 (UTC)
w:en:User talk:EvMsmile would probably be willing to help update the article. She knows a lot about sanitation issues, and has access to some good sources. WhatamIdoing (discussion) 17 janvye 2016 à 20:37 (UTC)
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia surveyModifier
(Sorry to write in Engilsh)
I've been going through your contributions and making some interwiki links. The method is so much easier than it used to be! Read the page, and look in the light-gray sidebar for "Languages" with a small "Edit links" button. Click the button, tell it "English (enwiki)" in the first box, and then tell it the exact name of the matching English Wikipedia article in the second box (or tell it French in the first box, and the French Wikipedia article title in the second box). It does everything else for you now.